It’s been a while since we heard anything from Palm. Well, since the last announcement which was around October of last year, stating that the Pre 2 was made official. Finally we are hearing more and this time it’s prices and launch dates. This is what the Palm users have been waiting on. Can we say finally?
Take a look at the specifications below:
- Display – 3.1-inch multitouch screen with a vibrant 24-bit color, 320×480 resolution HVGA display
- Keyboard – Slide-out physical QWERTY keyboard
- Email2 – Microsoft® Exchange email with Microsoft, Direct Push Technology and POP3/IMAP (Yahoo!® Mail, Gmail™, AOL, Hotmail®, etc.)
- Messaging3 – Integrated IM, SMS, and MMS
- GPS4 – Built-in GPS
- Digital camera – 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, extended depth of field, geotagging, and video capture
- Sensors – Accelerometer, ambient light, and proximity
- Media formats supported – Audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV; Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
- Wireless connectivity5 – Wi-Fi 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication; Bluetooth® wireless technology 2.1+ EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support; Wi-Fi router functionality for up to five devices using Palm mobile hotspot.5
- Memory – 16GB (~15GB user available)6; USB mass storage support
- Battery life – Verizon Wireless (CDMA) Up to 5.5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time; Unlocked (UMTS) Up to 5 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time
- Connector – Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Headphone jack – 3.5mm stereo
Are you one of those Palm Pre lovers who have been waiting on this or have you already given up? Either way, let us know what you think in the comments box below.
© 2011, GirlGoneGeek. All rights reserved.