The details he provided are:
- Android 3.0 Gingerbread will be released in mid-October, 2010. First handsets shipping in November/December.
- Minimum hardware requirements for Android 3.0 devices are: 1GHZ CPU, 512MB of RAM, displays from 3.5″ and higher.
- New 1280×760 resolution available for the devices with displays of 4” and higher.
- Completely revamped user interface. If you want to get a feeling of what Android 3.0 Gingerbread UX is like, check out the Gallery App on Nexus One. The same overall feel, light animated transitions,etc. Natively, through all the UI.
- Android’s split into 2 branches becomes official. 3.0 for top of the line/high end devices. Cheap, low-end mass market handsets will keep Android 2.1/2.2