The NFL announced that NBC will stream the 2012 Super Bowl live, for free, to the web and Verizon smartphones. This is nothing new for the network, either. It already streams its “Sunday Night Football” telecasts online and to Verizon phones. NBC expects a hearty response for the Feb. 5 showdown in Indianapolis. NBC will also stream its other postseason games, including the Pro Bowl and wild card Saturday–all will be streamed online and to mobile phones for the very first time. All will be available through Verizon’s NFL Mobile application. And, according to the network, the package will include additional camera angles, in-game highlights and live stats.
– Game Center featuring live audio, current drive chart, real-time scores and stats
– View the latest news and videos, scheduled games, breaking news and NFL tweets.
– Quick access to your NFL.com fantasy team and selection of up to 16 players to track their statistics
– Post comments via Facebook and NFL.com
– Detailed player pages, injury reports
– Follow specific players and teams
– Spanish language mode
Note: Live Video, in-game highlights and SMS alerts available on handsets only.